From the eyes of a woman
This isn’t my story -
this is my frustration – I need to vent out.
There are two things right now crippling my mind – the
circumstances at home and in my peronal life – both of which are affecting me.
I am not here to pen a book or file a diary – I am here to reiterate
that women all over the world face several
sorts of things and all that they are told is to shut up. You can’t eat like
this because you are a woman, you can’t talk like this because you are a girl
- you can’t even fart – yeah, you
guessed it right- that’s so –so unlady-like.
GIVE ME A BREAK.
My body is mine, my thoughts are mine, my words belong to
nobody else but me – who are you to appropriate it?
Do you know what I feel, do you come to my rescue when men
lecherously scan me even as I am fully-clothed?
You are known to me, you are a part of me, I am what I am because
of you but that does not mean you own me. I am my own self; I am not yours.
The thoughts gurgling within me are struggling to release,
they are fighting against you and some times against my own self to reiterate
myself, my being.
No comments:
Post a Comment